Phone Compartment Vibration

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Pfritztastic
Bike Model and Year: r1250rt 2022
United States of America

Phone Compartment Vibration

Post by Pfritztastic »

Howdy everyone, I just joined this forum, so go easy on me. I recently upgraded my 2005 BMW R1200RT with a 2022 BMW R1250RT. I got it lightly used from the local dealership with only 1200 miles on the odometer. I loved my 2005, but I LOVE the 2022. That said, I've noticed that the phone compartment vibrates/buzzes for ~30 seconds when I power down the bike. I noticed that the buzzing/vibrating was activated even as I was commuting from work this evening. Is this normal? Is there a way to turn off the vibrate mode in the settings (or on the BMW app)? I cycled through the manual and checked out the old posts in this forum, but no luck.

Also, is it normal to hear/feel some clunkiness when shifting from 1st up to 2nd, and 2nd up to 3rd, even though I'm very deliberately pulling in the clutch lever completely? The rest of my gear shifts are fine and I never get any clunkiness when downshifting.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and expertise!
michaelc2710
Subscriber
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 63 times
Great Britain

Re: Phone Compartment Vibration

Post by michaelc2710 »

Hi
The buzzing will be the cooling fan as the compartment can get warm when wireless charging.

Do you have shift pro? if so try changing gear without the clutch and you may find it smoother.
Panman40
Subscriber
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 56 times
Great Britain

Re: Phone Compartment Vibration

Post by Panman40 »

Engaging 1st gear from standstill when the motor is hot results in a big clunk, absolutely nothing when cold, going from 1st to 2nd can be a bit notchy if you don’t catch it just right, you will get used to it though, I found adjusting the clutch lever further away from the bar for a bigger pull makes things worse, closer to the bar seems better.

I would avoid using gearshift pro for 1st and 2nd gear, it’s not great on mine especially now with the gear lever adjusted down a lot to suit the footed lowering kit.