Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Re: Additional Mirrors on my 2023 RT "Video"

Post by EasyRider »

Panman40 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:12 am They look pretty good,
How much hassle was it for the bar conversion ?, cable lengths etc and may I ask how much ?. Any chance of a pic from how you see thing sat on the bike ?.
Also is that a non slip cover on the pillion Sargent seat or the cool cover ?.
Cheers.
It was not that hard to do. There is a thread on here about me doing the swap.
As for cost, I paid a total of around (give or take) £400 including the mirrors (all parts were used and mirror were a ex-display bargain).
I did cut the sides of the screen to so the mirrors would not catch it when the screen was down on full lock.
In the photo they are both oem seats with Triboseat non slip covers on. I now have a Sargent riders seat with a cool cover which is so much better once you get use to it. The view from the mirrors is like any other bike with high mirrors. No body part in view, just the road behind me.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Panman40
Subscriber
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 56 times
Great Britain

Post by Panman40 »

EasyRider wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:50 am It was not that hard to do. There is a thread on here about me doing the swap.
As for cost, I paid a total of around (give or take) £400 including the mirrors (all parts were used and mirror were a ex-display bargain).
I did cut the sides of the screen to so the mirrors would not catch it when the screen was down on full lock.
In the photo they are both oem seats with Triboseat non slip covers on. I now have a Sargent riders seat with a cool cover which is so much better once you get use to it. The view from the mirrors is like any other bike with high mirrors. No body part in view, just the road behind me.
Ok thanks, I’m going to pick up the GS1250 top yoke/ triple clamp used as a starting point, presumably the steering lock still works fine ?.
Oh I can see you have different grips too or is that a covering ?.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Panman40 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:00 am Ok thanks, I’m going to pick up the GS1250 top yoke/ triple clamp used as a starting point, presumably the steering lock still works fine ?.
Oh I can see you have different grips too or is that a covering ?.
The grip just have covers on them. steering lock works the same. Its all plug and play.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Motor32
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT '23
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times
United States of America

Post by Motor32 »

I just returned from a trip to Colorado, and got to use the mirrors, and see how they work.

Pros
(1) Easy to see behind/side of you, at a quick glance w/o having to look down at the 12" lower stock mirrors.

(2) Because they're closer to your eyes, you get a nice wide field of view.

(3) Easy to adjust, on the highway, I had them adjusted more to the side view, in areas with more traffic/cities, more to see behind.

Cons
(1) They vibrate more than the stock ones, because they're mounted on the handlebar, and not on the body of the bike.

(2) At full lock when parked, they can hit the screen, needing an adjustment.

All in all, they are an improvement over the stock ones. Even with the vibrations, you still get a good picture through them, even though the stock mirrors are dead stable. After starting with the arms at a 30 degree angle, I found the sweet spot was more to the outside at about 50/55 degree angle, (This eliminates the shoulder view). In the pictures you can see how much higher the are over the stock ones, and if you zoom in you can see what's being shown in them. Also there have been a lot of comments about how my GPS/Phone/and mirrors interfere with my view, but you can see they all are below the level of my helmet, and I'm looking over everything, including the windscreen.

Steve
Attachments
IMG_2459.jpg
IMG_2459.jpg (219.76 KiB) Viewed 502 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (253.72 KiB) Viewed 502 times
IMG_4621 (1).jpg
IMG_4621 (1).jpg (257.44 KiB) Viewed 502 times
IMG_4620 (1).jpg
IMG_4620 (1).jpg (41.91 KiB) Viewed 502 times
FullSizeRender (1) (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (1) (1).jpg (174.89 KiB) Viewed 502 times