Hello from Cambridge

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here.
Airhead
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2021
Has liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Hello from Cambridge

Post by Airhead »

Hi all, I've been tooling around on an old R80 and a ZZR1100 for some years and recently acquired a 2021 1250RT.
I've done about 3500 miles so far, been to France on it with the missus for the Normandy DDay 80th and love it to bits. Except the seat. It's a plank!
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 284 times
Great Britain

Re: Hello from Cambridge

Post by burridge01 »

Then buy my Touretch that's in the for sale section.And while ya at it,might as well have the Wunderlich screen.I'll fit em both when you pick em up :-D,and welcome :thumb:
Last edited by burridge01 on Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxflyer
Been liked: 19 times
United States of America

Post by Boxflyer »

Hello, welcome!
My wife has been attending a couple of weeks of adult education learning in Cambridge for the last few summers. She's there for 2 weeks now..and next year I'm trying to get things in order to come over with her.
The thought is to bring all my Cam Timing and Valve Clearance Maintenance tools with me and try to find someone in the Cambridge area where I could perform these tasks on as many bikes as possible.
Just as I do in the USA, I don't charge for these services, just the consumables...it's my way of giving back to the BMW community if possible.

Looking for interested owners of 1200 WetHead and 1250 ShiftHead bikes that can assist in making this happen.

I'm glad you posted that you are from Cambridge!

Brad
Stu
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 539 times
Been liked: 487 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Boxflyer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:56 am Hello, welcome!
My wife has been attending a couple of weeks of adult education learning in Cambridge for the last few summers. She's there for 2 weeks now..and next year I'm trying to get things in order to come over with her.
The thought is to bring all my Cam Timing and Valve Clearance Maintenance tools with me and try to find someone in the Cambridge area where I could perform these tasks on as many bikes as possible.
Just as I do in the USA, I don't charge for these services, just the consumables...it's my way of giving back to the BMW community if possible.

Looking for interested owners of 1200 WetHead and 1250 ShiftHead bikes that can assist in making this happen.

I'm glad you posted that you are from Cambridge!

Brad
Brad

You might be best to start a new thread about this to gain some momentum on it

The UK is a small place compared to he USA and getting to Cambridge would be fairly easy for most

With a bit of luck someone could also help with a suitable place too
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 1075 times
Been liked: 281 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

A warm welcome to our site
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 27 times
Wales

Post by slparry »

Airhead wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:03 pm Hi all, I've been tooling around on an old R80 and a ZZR1100 for some years and recently acquired a 2021 1250RT.
I've done about 3500 miles so far, been to France on it with the missus for the Normandy DDay 80th and love it to bits. Except the seat. It's a plank!
Hi, and welcome :)

It's such a subjective thing, I rode to and from the Bol d'Or in the South of France last September, largely on autoroutes (time was at a premium) and found the RT seat fantastic for two consecutive 600+ mile days.

I have in the past used

https://www.lambland.co.uk/product/shor ... -seat-pad/
or
https://www.lambland.co.uk/product/genu ... -seat-pad/

with a camping pillow with literally a breath of air and tied to the seat by a long bootlace, threaded through some holes punched into the edges of the sheepskin, and have found the combination to be luscious. Since owning the RT I've not felt the need to use it. The only difference to my RT over standard is I have the tall seat to reduce knee bend
Steve Parry, Triumph Chester, current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1