Summer mesh jacket that’s waterproof ?

Got any questions on clothing? Want to write a review to help others in choosing the right gear?
Panman40
Subscriber
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 56 times
Great Britain

Re: Summer mesh jacket that’s waterproof ?

Post by Panman40 »

Just a quick update on the Oxford jacket, I’ve probably worn it 5 or so times this season and have found a hole about 1 cm in the inside chest pocket which is where I put my phone, the case has smooth rounded corners 🤨, the pockets are a thin mesh type material, I’m a bit disappointed tbh!, I’ve sent pictures to where I purchased from.
Attachments
IMG_0486.jpeg
IMG_0486.jpeg (412.49 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

My go-to Summer jacket is a red/grey BMW Airflow jacket which has a red waterproof over-jacket stashed in a pouch on the back.

The red colourway means that I do not feel the need to wear a flouresent overjacket to be seen easily. The jacket is made of sturdy Dynatec high-melting point Cordura.

The Airflow is worth a look as is the Klim Marrakesh. There are a vast number of cheaper jackets as well.

The superb aerodynamics of the RT fairing means that it is difficult to keep cool even in mesh!
John Bentall
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Apart from our Armoured jeans, both the wife and i only buy RST clothing and Shark helmets.
We just find the brand is very good and a fair price with good protection.
This year we bought RST S1 Mesh summer jackets. There good, but we get to cold if the temp is below 17 degrees when we have them on (rain linner removed).
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb: