Front disc bolts ?

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Panman40
Subscriber
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 56 times
Great Britain

Front disc bolts ?

Post by Panman40 »

Has anyone replaced the front disc bolts ?, I tried to undo one last year and it felt like it was going to bring the threads out with it due to the locktite!. Havin to post my wheel off at some point for straightening I have to remove the discs and tyre.
Maybe one of you have replaced them for stainless or similar ?.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Re: Front disc bolts ?

Post by EasyRider »

Put some heat into the head of the bolt. It will heat up the whole bolt and the soften the locktite.

Also sometimes if you try and tighten it first, it will make it come out easier.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Panman40
Subscriber
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 56 times
Great Britain

Post by Panman40 »

EasyRider wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:13 am Put some heat into the head of the bolt. It will heat up the whole bolt and the soften the locktite.

Also sometimes if you try and tighten it first, it will make it come out easier.
Interesting, I was taught the opposite, heat the surrounding area to expand it, I’ll give your tip a go 👍
BoB21
Bike Model and Year: 2017
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 67 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Don't think mine were locktite 2017. But are torxed tight. Didn't need any heat at all but brute force. Suspension bolts different story.