Backup Facebook Group

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 379 times
Great Britain

Re: Backup Facebook Group

Post by David. »

I'd rather not post this but am going to anyway.

My health is well known to some and drinking beer will not help.
simbo
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 135 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:39 pm I'd rather not post this but am going to anyway.

My health is well known to some and drinking beer will not help.
You should seek some professional help pal, there's loads of people out here enjoying themselves having a drink and living life 🍻
20240726_204602.jpg
20240726_204602.jpg (326.21 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

I'm in the same boat as David, I won't drink alcohol or energy drinks because of my heart condition.
Before i found out about my heart condition, i went to the doc's as i lost consciousness at home a couple of times after drinking energy drinks. One time i had the kettle in my hand, with cold water in it thank god.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Might be a good opportunity to have another look at this topic;

viewtopic.php?p=40647#p40647

Open this door for technical stuff and open the other door for a bit of craic, banter, piss taking (preferably not too personal) or whatever, even a sensible discussion on non biking related stuff. Evolution is the key and the last poll indicated that there was interest.

UKGSer is not everyone's cup of tea or tipple of choice but one cannot deny it's success. If there was a chat room option maybe it could stem the tide towards facebook. Scroll on by if you don't like it as we do with most of the $h1te channels on the telly.

Be gentle with your comments but if you don't agree with me, you can 'Foxtrot Oscar' :cheers:

A step into the dark side but may be relevant; Do not enter if easily offended (but I bet you have a quick peep).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqbk9cDX0l0
Chris
Elkinell
Bike Model and Year: 2020 R1250RT
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 57 times
Great Britain

Post by Elkinell »

I don't want to try to teach you good people to suck eggs but Facebook has a lot of negatives which those who just post pics of their dinner or post pics of where they are right now so they can get burgled easily may not be aware of. FB owns all your content and overall posting and admin rights. FB Malgorythyms will highlight and sanction content that they deem unsuitable. I posted a picture of a life raft and got a 30 day ban for encouraging suicide. Had I been admin of a group that I relied upon for my income as some do there,that could have been tricky. If you have a group with several members, lets say in the hundreds or even the thousands FB will restrict your reach, putting your group and it's content lower down in the search engine rankings untill you pay them to get it back. Sounds like a protection racket?. I could go on but there's no way you can take a forum and it's content to FB and still be in control. :| Post pics of your bike and rides out but you can't rely on it soley.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 1075 times
Been liked: 281 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I was on Facebook years ago. it got hacked and I lost a good few friends. So since then I've never been back on. I keep in contact with them via phone calls or Whatsapp. Anything you post on FB belongs to them, this includes pictures you've posted. In theory if you post your picture elsewhere they can sue you as the picture comes under their copywrire
As for drinking. I only drink soft drinks due to health problems but that doesn't stop me having a good time in the pub with those who like a pint or 4. Give me a pint of Coke and am anyone's for the night :lol:
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.