EE Account

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

EE Account

Post by EasyRider »

My EE phone account was hacked today.
My address changed, My password changed.
And an order for a new contract placed.
Luckly EE sent me a text letting me know about the address change, which i was then able to speak to them and sort it.

Near anyone ?

22 Arnhem Road, LIVERPOOL, L36 7UQ

22 Arnhem Road.png
22 Arnhem Road.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1480 times
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Stu
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 539 times
Been liked: 487 times
Great Britain

Re: EE Account

Post by Stu »

Probably also an innocent party at that address too
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Stu wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:24 pm Probably also an innocent party at that address too
True.

I'm changing every password i use and also using double promp logins for them all.
its a pain, but need to make it harder for them.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Glenn
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2019
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 131 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

Use a password safe to generate/save passwords for you. I haven't got a clue what most of mine are, they are something along the lines of this example I just generated "!YB9glyD2YP&$T"
Steve398
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 315 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

I had my PayPal account hacked with a 24 digit password generated by Norton who stated it would take 3 trillion years to break it.

It was only the fact I was having a spell of insomnia meant I was up and on the computer at 3.30am when the first attempt with an invoice for £879 came in labelled ‘Webroot Industries’. I cancelled that and immediately got another, same name, for a similar amount.

I called PayPal immediately who then asked the usual.. is the account shared, who has your password, and so on. Then the CSA asked if I knew anyone in Germany, as they were in my account now. I closed the account immediately, and also changed the master passwords on my Norton account and Norton Password Vault.

I read somewhere that some passwords are sold by unscrupulous CSA’s, don’t know if this is possible or mere conjecture, but I can’t see otherwise how the PayPal password was hacked.

The following day I also went through the vault, changing anything with a relatively simple password and (like Easy) making anything I could 2 factor log ins. Once bitten and all that!
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 1075 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

PayPal hacked are quite easy. My son hacked my PayPal, eBay, phone and computer within 10 minutes. He didn't know any user names only my phone number and address. He is very savvy how programmes work and makes computers for a living.
I said he couldn't hack them but as I watched, It was so easy. He made up a program for me that changes my password each time. How it works I haven't a clue.
I now have 20 pairs of trainers in the wrong size, sex toys galoure, and 150 pair of knickers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.