Pillion Footrest

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Pillion Footrest

Post by EasyRider »

I know my wife does not go pillion very much in the spring/summer, but i still like to have the bike setup to make it as safe and comfortable as possible for her.
Last week when she went pillion without the top box fitted, she found her feet lifted off the pegs. So as you know from my other thread i have now fitted a backrest.
Also because i have the HEED bars fitted, her feet are more forward and she cant get the ball of her foot on the peg.
I said to her what if i get some adjustable footrest so to move them more forward. She liked the idea of this.
So i started looking and pricing up the parts as i thought the MFW Vario's would be best for this.
I found the footrests for £44.44, 50mm extension for £34.99 and the brackets for £21.65 so the total cost was £101.08
This morning i was ready to order them, but i always first thing sit down with my coffee and look to see what is new selling on eBay.
Within the first new 5 used items for a R1200RT were a set of used MFW Vario footrests. These were listed for a 2005-2013 front or rear as it came with both mounting brackets, also the extensions were adjustable. The buy it now price with postage was £52.71
I did a bit of googling to see if they would fit my 2019 RT and the part number was the same.
So i bought them and saved myself £48.37 which i was happy with.

So if the seller is a member on here, Thank you :thumb:

MFW Vario footrests.jpg
MFW Vario footrests.jpg (441.86 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Steve398
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 315 times
Isle of Wight

Re: Pillion Footrest

Post by Steve398 »

We had the same problem, and also fitted Varios. 👍
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Re: Pillion Footrest

Post by EasyRider »

I now have the Vario pillion foot rests fitted.
I had to use a cable tie to hold them in place so they did not flap about.
The OEM foot rests have a plastic part on the rests that hold them in place.
They have only moved the rest 50mm forward, but its enough for the wife to get a better footing.
The rests are nearly the same size as the OEM rests, just a little bit smaller on the ends.
I was a bit miffed with the seller as he never said one of the extensions was bent.
I was able to sort this with some heat, wood and a rawhide hammer.

And at the seller, if you are a member on here and read this, dont be a twat when selling an item, be truthful.

Anyway here are the photos of them fitted.

Right side.jpg
Right side.jpg (189.82 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Left Side.jpg
Left Side.jpg (190.69 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb: