Data aquisition feed broken

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
frebou
Bike Model and Year: BMW R1200RT 2016
Canada

Data aquisition feed broken

Post by frebou »

I purcharsed last year a 2016 1200RT and I love the bike. From first day, I've been insatisfied with the Navigator V GPS it came with. I eventually bought a Zumo XT2 and replaced the Navigator V. Not being needed anymore since I had a custom mount for the Zumo XT2, I sold the cradle with the original GPS...

I've seen the Chigee AIO-5 BMW and said to myself : looks like a great solution! Let's try it :lol: I bought a used cradle on marketplace and reinstalled the 3 wires connector. It turns on and off but I have no data aquisition (voltage, speed, gear, etc). I also installed my trusty Wunderlinq to double check if live data was actually being fed to the device and there is none!

I'm trying to figure out since then what could be wrong... I can see at least two options but can't figure simple ways of validating them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- I could have a defective cradle, seems like a legit BMW one though and was in very good condition.
- I could have messed a cluster (KOMBI) config while playing with the "Moto Scan" application

I've double checked my kombi config options (see included screenshot) and can't see if I would have put something wrong... I could buy a new cradle but it's a random test... Otherwise I guess my next try would be to bring it to the dealer...
Kombi-Coding_MotoScan1-sm.jpg
Kombi-Coding_MotoScan1-sm.jpg (40.58 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
Kombi-Coding_MotoScan2-sm.jpg
Kombi-Coding_MotoScan2-sm.jpg (48.13 KiB) Viewed 1435 times