EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

ACC

Post by EasyRider »

At the meet last Saturday, we started talking about the 2021 onward RT and about ACC.
Now i thought the ACC came as standard on the newer RT, but i was wrong. Its a £545 extra to have fitted.
I have had a look at the RT's for sale and not many do have the ACC fitted.
So is it worth the extra to have or is normal CC just as good for a motorcycle.

I would like it, but paying £545 is a bit much for something you can do yourself. And in traffic i would not use the CC anyway.

Others many have another view on this so please tell.

Also what extras would you like on your bike if you could have it .
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Stu
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 539 times
Been liked: 487 times
Great Britain

Re: ACC

Post by Stu »

I very rarely use my cruise control and if I do end up following a car it's because it's going to slow and I'm going to overtake it :lol:

I never ride on motorways either so for me it's pointless on a bike

I use it in the car though and with the car been automatic it just too easy to use
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 43 times
Great Britain

Post by exportman »

Hi, Mine came with it I does work but I don't use it often. I find CC on any bike has you alongside other vehicles in their bind spot far too long.
BoB21
Bike Model and Year: 2017
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 67 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Never thought of that exportman but find normal cc as always having to adjust speed. I'm surprised at amount of people spec radio at twice acc price but not acc.
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 79 times
Great Britain

Post by Capt Sisko »

I've used manual CC on my RT quite successfully on the Iron Butt runs I've done, but you're talking about dawn or pre-dawn starts and not getting back until well late so the conditions can be ideal for ordinary CC usage.

I've got radar CC on my car and do use it, but rarely. It's too easy to switch off knowing that the radar and the lane control are doing their stuff and discover you're sitting behind some numpty not necessarily crawling along, bit just sitting there at 10mph below the speed limit. The radar is also linked to the brakes. If there is a car in front of you you can quite literally take your feet off the pedals and the car will stop as fast or as slow as necessary. And before you're think flash git with a fancy car, it's a 6yr old Toyota CHR.
Last edited by Capt Sisko on Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

When I spec’d up my RT i added cruise control because I suffer from Raynaud’s disease and a bit of vibration white finger, so have to release my grip on the accelerator to do some exercises to regain feeling and/or circulation (dependant on riding environment and traffic).
jr1250
Bike Model and Year: 2022
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by jr1250 »

I like it, but rarely use it. But I rarely used normal cruise on other bikes Ive had.

It works very well 99.9% of the time. But you have to be careful. Ive had it stop recognizing my riding buddy once and it almost accelerated right into him. Ive also had it disengage suddenly before, presumably because I hit one too many bugs.