Spots

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
lancashirert
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE 2018
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 14 times
Great Britain

Spots

Post by lancashirert »

Hi all,

Got these loose with the bike. Previous owner apparently took the ezcan/cansmart with him.

Not sure if I’ll fit em back on or flog them, but are these just plug and play in to the ezcan/cansmart system, or do I need extra stuff?

Anyone also confirm which lights these are? Found two square Denali lights so far.

Thanks folks
Attachments
IMG_6809.jpeg
IMG_6809.jpeg (334.35 KiB) Viewed 438 times
IMG_6810.jpeg
IMG_6810.jpeg (342.68 KiB) Viewed 438 times
IMG_6811.jpeg
IMG_6811.jpeg (439.45 KiB) Viewed 438 times
Fourbears
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Re: Spots

Post by Fourbears »

They look like Denali S4 lights. If you are flogging them I might be interested.
jesim1
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 66 times
Great Britain

Post by jesim1 »

Not sure on the make, but anything you add into a can bus loop needs to register with the system or it throws up an error or just doesn't work :oops:

So you need to add an aftermarket set up to allow for the extra items, although you could probably replace the OEM units with those?
lancashirert
Great Britain

Post by lancashirert »

jesim1 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:00 pm Not sure on the make, but anything you add into a can bus loop needs to register with the system or it throws up an error or just doesn't work :oops:

So you need to add an aftermarket set up to allow for the extra items, although you could probably replace the OEM units with those?
They’re definitely Denali, just the model isn’t apparent from the label.

Which OEM units do you speak of? I do know they need a controller to make use of the canbus system, just intrigued whether I sell or keep.
jesim1
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 66 times
Great Britain

Post by jesim1 »

lancashirert wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:04 pm They’re definitely Denali, just the model isn’t apparent from the label.

Which OEM units do you speak of? I do know they need a controller to make use of the canbus system, just intrigued whether I sell or keep.
turbotim
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by turbotim »

Definitely look like Denali D4’s

I would also be interested if you decide to sell
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 79 times
Great Britain

Post by Capt Sisko »

I've got Denali lights on my R1250RT and when wired through a Ezcan/CanSmart (or the new Dial Dim Controller) they intergrate seamlessly. They are expensive but the quality is really good, connectors secure and they've seen me through five years of abuse without any problems. Obviously you need a CanSmart to make the most out of then and new they are expensive, but used ones do crop up often enough on the usual auction sites. Just make sure you know the exact version you need for your bike.

If you do decide to sell them they'll go quickly as the GS brigade love them, but you've got the most expensive part of the kit, buy a used CanSmart and put them on your bike. During the day you'll make yourself more noticeable, at night, trust me, you'll say WOW!
lancashirert
Great Britain

Post by lancashirert »

Thanks for that.

Undecided what to do. Will see if I can find out if they’re D4 or S4.

Did see you can even use the long press of indicator cancel to activate these lights. Never would have thought of that 😅