Nav VI not happy

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times
Great Britain

Re: Nav VI not happy

Post by 7vwh »

lancashirert wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:36 pm How do you do audio when you use these in a car? Seen a £100+ cradle with internal speaker, although Bahnstormer have a £30 one - albeit out of stock.
The nav5 came with a cradle that needed wiring in (has four buttons down the side and seemed more for wiring to a bike). I have another cradle which was about £70 which uses a 12v cig plug but I can’t remember what it looks like. Will dig it out when I get back from my alps trip 👍
lancashirert
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE 2018
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 14 times
Great Britain

Post by lancashirert »

Battery eventually arrived from Garmin. When they said it was i stock they actually meant it wasn’t actually in stock.

Fired it up at home, couldn’t find satellites. Didn’t bode well. Slapped it on the bike when I actually remembered to take it. 20 seconds, it found me. If only I had remembered to pair it to my lid rather than just my phone :lol:

Anyone updated these on an M1 MacBook. It decided not to find it, although the cheap USB C to USB A adapter may be the issue. I’ll dig out the Apple one, hopefully don’t need a C to micro B as I have enough sodding leads at home!
simbo
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 135 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

It can take a while for it (the nav) to be noticed by the pc/laptop etc, best off plugging it in using a decent cable then going off making a brew, mowing the grass, taking the dogs for a walk before attempting to load routes or update the software.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
MikeS
Subscriber
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 117 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

lancashirert wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:17 pm
Anyone updated these on an M1 MacBook. It decided not to find it, although the cheap USB C to USB A adapter may be the issue. I’ll dig out the Apple one, hopefully don’t need a C to micro B as I have enough sodding leads at home!

My Nav V updates without any problems on my macbook. Use the orginal garmin lead with a geniune apple usb to usb c adaptor.
lancashirert
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE 2018
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 14 times
Great Britain

Post by lancashirert »

Thanks for that.

Now at the Mac and left the Nag in the garage... :?