OEM Audio System

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

OEM Audio System

Post by EasyRider »

So i got hold of everything needed to add the Audio system to my RT.
Everything is fitted and it was not that hard to work out.
There was one connector that i did not know where it went right away.
But found it to connect to the white plug behind the sat nav to work the wonder wheel.

So it all connected, but sadly its not powering up.
Now i've not tried it yet, But does it need coding to the canbus system and can i do it with my Hex GS-911 ?

Martin
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Stu
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 540 times
Been liked: 487 times
Great Britain

Re: OEM Audio System

Post by Stu »

I believe it will need to be coded in and no you can't do it with the GS911

I wanted to remove mine but I can't code it out :(
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

I just did a scan with my GS911, no faults with the audio system. It does however comes up with "VIN Mismatch".
I will ring up my local BMW dealer today and ask about it.

Also i have read that MotoScan might be able to code it, anyone know anything about this ?

20240918_073530.jpg
20240918_073530.jpg (217.75 KiB) Viewed 102 times
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

So i now have a nice ride over to North Oxford Motorrad next Wednesday to be there for 8am.
Will be an early start to leave home about 5.30am.
The cost for coding the audio system and doing any updates needed is £50
Last edited by EasyRider on Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stu
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 540 times
Been liked: 487 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

That's not a bad price at all
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

When i saw this audio system for sale i messaged the seller as the 3 parts were on 3 listing on ebay.
The amp and wiring were listed for £159, The speakers for £99 and the control buttons and panel for £49. A total of £307.
I asked if they would do a deal on me buying all 3 items together, and after a bit of haggling i got the lot for £250 posted.
I also wanted the right side front cubby compartment, but that was for sale with the ECU and locks ect ect.
I again messaged the seller and the first time i was turned down. So i messaged them again and said i would buy both sides.
I knew the left side compartment sell for around £50, but the right side i've never seen one for sale this pass year.
I went online to see how much they were new and was shocked at the price. So i made an offer of £150 for the both of them.
This worked and my offer was taken. So in total i spent £400 on user parts, that if i bought new would of cost £2700 :o
The seller was James Sherlock and the bike was a 2020 RT with 2.5k miles on it. It looked like a front end damage bike.
I have bought item from James Sherlock before and knew they were open to offers on items they sell if you message them.
Also what i like about buying from James Sherlock, is you get a 6 month warranty on all there used parts.

So once i have the audio system up and running i can then over time start upgrading it a bit at a time.
I've already looked into adding DAB radio to it and found some better speakers that fit in the pods.

PS. I'm glad that i carry the Noco GB45 jump starter pack on my bike with all the accessories i have fitted :lol: :lol:
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

I bought a used lock off ebay this week as i needed it to rekey for the right side cubby hole compartment.
I have now robbed the one from my top box for the time being. I tried to pic itto remove but had no luck doing that.
It the end i spent nearly 3 hours taking the top box apart, remove the lock and then put the top box back together. what a pig of a job that was. But its dont now and i just need to replace the lock when i can get one.