EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Re: Hex EzCan

Post by EasyRider »

I now have a Hex Ezcan & a Denali CanSmart connected together on my R1250RT and its all working as they should.
I know there both made by Hex, but its good to know for sure that they work together.
So i can now connect upto 8 items thought the CanBus, plus my innovv k7 cameras and phone from the extra fuse box i have fitted. Just need a coffee machine now :lol: :lol:
Last edited by EasyRider on Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Roper424
Bike Model and Year: 2015 RT 1200
Has liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Roper424 »

EasyRider wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:54 pm I now have a Hex Ezcan & a Denali CanSmart connected together on my R1250T and its all working as they should.
I know there both made by Hex, but its good to know for sure that they work together.
So i can now connect upto 8 items thought the CanBus, plus my innovv k7 cameras and phone from the extra fuse box i have fitted. Just need a coffee machine now :lol: :lol:
Good lord... Do you have to pull an extra battery around with you in the panniers to power everything? :lol:
Remember, ride to arrive alive!

James.

:cheers:
Roper424
Great Britain

Post by Roper424 »

EasyRider wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:26 pm So my Ezcan is all fitted (thank FK). What a pain in the a$$ to do.
I spent yesterday indoors with the soldering iron making all the cables to length.
Even doing that did not make it any easier to fit, even with all the panels and headlight removed.
But its done now.
I wanted to set the top spotlights at 10% but they flickered at 10%, so are now set at 20%
I made one of my GSD's jump as she was laying behind the bike when i tested the horn.
I did not know she was there. sorry piper.
I had a bit of trouble refitting the pillion seat, as i have all the wiring for both the ezcan and my cameras there.
So thats another job done and out of the way.

Scaring the dog - That's easy to do accidentally... Try testing your 120db horn with your head about 18 inches away from the horn. As you can imagine, it really makes you wake up rather quickly! :lol:

Thanks for this thread, I've been toying with the idea of an ExCan but reading this pushed me in to doing it. Have you found it easy to install and set up?

James.

EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

The only thing i wish ezcan made was an extension cable for the connection leads to the bike RDC, as it would be better fitting the ezcan upfront in the fairing. less cables to run the length of the bike.
But once this new EzBus is up and working with all aftermarket accessories, you will only need to run 1 or 2 cbales the length of the bike to work everything.
I have 4 cables running the length on the right side and will be adding another one or two on the left side when i fit my new lights.
Its does take some time to do and i found it best to remove all the body panel when i routed the cables.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

So i thought i was having a problem with my DRL going on and off all the time when i was out on the bike.
When i watched the video from the rear camera of my wife bike the DRL looked like there was a fault with them.
After a bit of help It turns out its not a fault with the system on my bike.
It was the frame rate of the camera matching the PWM (pulse width modulation) of the LED lights set to 20% by the ezCan.
Its very hard to tell if your DRL are working or going on/off when riding, so seeing the video my first thought was bugger i have a problem with my EzCan , lights or wiring.
Because of the long day light hours ATM all my riding is in daylight so i could not see or tell if the lights were going on/off like the video was showing.

Have a look at this video and you will see what i mean. The lights are fitted to the engine bars, just infront of the heads.

Roper424
Great Britain

Post by Roper424 »

EasyRider wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:52 am So i thought i was having a problem with my DRL going on and off all the time when i was out on the bike.
When i watched the video from the rear camera of my wife bike the DRL looked like there was a fault with them.
After a bit of help It turns out its not a fault with the system on my bike.
It was the frame rate of the camera matching the PWM (pulse width modulation) of the LED lights set to 20% by the ezCan.
Its very hard to tell if your DRL are working or going on/off when riding, so seeing the video my first thought was bugger i have a problem with my EzCan , lights or wiring.
Because of the long day light hours ATM all my riding is in daylight so i could not see or tell if the lights were going on/off like the video was showing.

Have a look at this video and you will see what i mean. The lights are fitted to the engine bars, just infront of the heads.

That's weird!!!

I've seen LED's 'flicker' in and out of time with frame rate, but I've never seen them go on and off like that. The way it was doing it in time with your moving the bike really made it seem like it was a power issue.

How very odd.

James.