Body Weight, Belly Size

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Alexandro
Bike Model and Year: Honda CBR600RR 2019
Been liked: 1 time
Belgium

Re: Body Weight, Belly Size

Post by Alexandro »

Arends wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:28 pm Howdy. I went over bars in October, and ended up with a metal plate in broken right arm and then later diagnosed broken left wrist that got cast for another 2 months.
That completely hampered my movement for couple of months, and the weight crept up. My riding shirt got too tight over the winter.

I'll be keeping you company in tracking my own weight. Focus on the positives, they are worth it!
Despite the bumps along the way, your commitment to tracking your weight and staying positive will pay off in the end. Keep pushing forward! :thumb: :-D
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 1075 times
Been liked: 281 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Doctor visit today. I've lost another half a stone and bloods show am not diabetic anymore. Just cut out all the crap stuff like biscuits, crisps and chocolates.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Sullivj
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 65 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

This used to be a Bike Forum - Not Slimming World!!
Sullivj
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

MikeS wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:02 pm Fat_Bastard.PNG.png
So, it was YOU with a camera outside my bathroom window in Wales, watching me 'birth' myself out of the tiny shower cubicle...!!
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

We were all watching you via live stream. :lol:
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Sullivj
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Live Stream or WIDE SCREEN...?! :lol:
Panman40
Subscriber
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 56 times
Great Britain

Post by Panman40 »

I’m 6 foot, I was about 10.5 to 11 stone for years and ate all sorts of stuff including huge amounts of chocolate. Then suddenly I just started to get bigger around my belly, now I’ve been taking various meds for a few years and one of which can add fat so that’s not helping.
Im determined to loose weight as my waist is 44” now and I wear stretchy 40” waist jeans but need braces to hold them up :roll: .
I like food and wine so it’s very difficult but I’m determined this time…
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Panman40 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:42 am I’m 6 foot, I was about 10.5 to 11 stone for years and ate all sorts of stuff including huge amounts of chocolate. Then suddenly I just started to get bigger around my belly, now I’ve been taking various meds for a few years and one of which can add fat so that’s not helping.
Im determined to loose weight as my waist is 44” now and I wear stretchy 40” waist jeans but need braces to hold them up :roll: .
I like food and wine so it’s very difficult but I’m determined this time…
Same here. I could eat all kinds of rubbish.2 big Mac's was no problem but then came my daily dose of 26 meds and the pounds followed.
I've now lose 2 stone(16.2) and have gone down to a 38" waist. The big problem now is my biking gear are becoming a little big and my head has sunk.
Wife is going to hate me when I lose a bit more and tell her I need a whole new kit. Loosing weight costs more than the pounds you lose :o
Steve398
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 315 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Doctor T wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:13 pm Same here. I could eat all kinds of rubbish.2 big Mac's was no problem but then came my daily dose of 26 meds and the pounds followed.
I've now lose 2 stone(16.2) and have gone down to a 38" waist. The big problem now is my biking gear are becoming a little big and my head has sunk.
Wife is going to hate me when I lose a bit more and tell her I need a whole new kit. Loosing weight costs more than the pounds you lose :o
Absolutely! Prior to my wifes low cholesterol diet I was 13.5st and a 36” (maybe a bit more) waist.
Now 1.5st less and my 6 month old large size Klim Marrakesh suit that had cost me £800 floated on me, so I sold it to a mate and bought a new one in medium, obviously it had gone up in price hadn’t it!
But it’s not just your biking gear Doc… I currently don’t have any trousers, shirts or jackets that fit me so it’s been an expensive diet, but you’ll feel better for it in the end 👍 keep going it’ll be worth it.
Glenn
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2019
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 131 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

Anyone heard from Easyrider since early May, since he posted as feeling unwell before his rideout I haven't seen anything from him
Steve398
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 315 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Glenn wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:58 pm Anyone heard from Easyrider since early May, since he posted as feeling unwell before his rideout I haven't seen anything from him
Great minds think alike… I sent Easyrider a PM a few days ago which hadn’t been picked up, I believe Sakm has also tried to contact him. He’s also on UKGSER and not posted recently.
Last edited by Steve398 on Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Panman40
Subscriber
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 56 times
Great Britain

Post by Panman40 »

Sorry I’ve been so busy with appointments and various other crap I just did not notice easyrider hasn’t posted recently, I certainly hope he is ok.