Minty
Bike Model and Year: 2017 FJR1300 AE
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Re: Preaching to the converted.

Post by Minty »

Thanks for that Gav 👍🏻

I wasn't sure if it was possible to leave it charging while the ignition is on, so I can look through all the menus etc to get used to how it all works.

Don't go trying and breaking anything 🤦🏼 I'll ask when I take it in next week. I've got a list!

I would think bmw would have thought about that though, maybe the bike will stop the charging when the ignition is switched on.
Minty
Bike Model and Year: 2017 FJR1300 AE
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Post by Minty »

Doctor T wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:00 pm Been using the same one for over 3 years. Plug in and forget. Mine is fitted to the battery by rat tails.

You lot must live in dodgy area for insurance companies to be so fussy. Most thefts around here is garden equipment. The local community Police told me that only 4 cars and 1 MC have been stolen within the last 7 years.
No I've put the mockers on that. Off to triple lock the bike down and sit outside with my shotgun. :lol:
Sounds lovely.

It used to be nice here in Featherstone, when it was still a mining community but, it's going down hill. My street is nice, only 24 houses in a circle and everyone is friendly and we look out onto agricultural land, the only problem with my house is the shared drive and the fact that some less than neighbourly people have moved in next door. We are looking to move, just waiting for certain postcodes to come up.

Good look with your shotgun vigil 😄
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 1075 times
Been liked: 281 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Minty wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:21 pm Sounds lovely.

It used to be nice here in Featherstone, when it was still a mining community but, it's going down hill. My street is nice, only 24 houses in a circle and everyone is friendly and we look out onto agricultural land, the only problem with my house is the shared drive and the fact that some less than neighbourly people have moved in next door. We are looking to move, just waiting for certain postcodes to come up.

Good look with your shotgun vigil 😄
I know Featherstone. Did a lecture at a school there many years ago. It's a shame when people have to move due to horrible others. Brings down the rest of the area.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.