Help R1200RT won't start

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
topfbauer
Bike Model and Year: 2018
United States of America

Help R1200RT won't start

Post by topfbauer »

I let my bike (2018 R1200RT) sit for a while (over a year) due to Achilles Surgery. I did start it a few times and even rode it about a mile once soon after the surgery and pt sessions, but it has taken some time to get comfortable with my new leg/ankle/heel (I had to have calf muscle cut to lengthen tendon).

Yesterday I realized OEM battery was bad after removing and placing on a charger. I replaced with a new battery, and replaced FOB battery. Cleaned up bike a bit and rode it about 30 miles.

All was good when I stopped last night.

This morning I was planning to take it to get it inspected. Bike turns on, but bags won't unlock, and it won't turn over. I am getting a bunch of indicators on dash. Lights work and are bright. I was able to get in trunk by disconnecting form the bike. Key, airpresure, battery, and fork lock light up as well as ABS and service light. I get a red flashing triangle under service light (photo caught between flashes). No fuel/temp showing (has about 1/2 tank. No Starter noise. Stand up or down no change. Bike in neutral or gear no change. When I apply brakes it doesn't seem to work. Fork lock works both locking and unlocking via the on button.

I changed out the FOB battery again. Nothing seems to weak on the FOB.

I turned on bike this morning without starting, and I could read fuel, etc. I walked away for a bit to get some stuff to clean up bike and came back with the missing fob just before it turned itself off.

Any ideas on what I might look for before having it taken to local dealer?

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_4979.jpeg
IMG_4979.jpeg (406.47 KiB) Viewed 296 times
JustmeandtheRT
Bike Model and Year: 2005 R1200RT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Germany

Re: Help R1200RT won't start

Post by JustmeandtheRT »

:cry: its a bmw thats forsure you didnt spark anything out swapping batterys? Put a dvom on it good battery should hold steady around 12.5 unhooked if its ok load test put a fan or light directly on it whats the reading then? If around 11-12v make sure you connections are clean and tight! Unhook it and clamp the cables together to completely drain and reset everything good luck and happy safe riding this summer