SpecSavers

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

SpecSavers

Post by EasyRider »

So i had my eyes checked on Tuesday 30th July. My eye sight has changed and i needed 3 new pair of glasses.
One pair for Reading, one pair for using the PC and watching TV and one pair for Driving.
I went and picked them up last Tuesday 6th August.
I Said to the wife that the reading glasses were good and the driving glasses were also good.
But i said I see the PC and TV better with my old glasses.
So this morning first thing i popped into town to see what was wrong with them.
Whoever made up my prescription , made 2 pairs of driving glasses. So i now have to wait till next week for the right ones.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Steve398
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 315 times
Isle of Wight

Re: SpecSavers

Post by Steve398 »

I hate wearing glasses on the bike so I wear one-day disposable contacts, but I do have a set of driving glasses as you need to carry them as spares in France, Spain and Switzerland.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 1075 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I only need them for reading. I get a free test, ask for the prescription and buy the right pair from pound land. Been doing it for years. Once I had the lens checked and they were spot on. :thumb:
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
BoB21
Bike Model and Year: 2017
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 67 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Doctor T wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:41 pm I only need them for reading. I get a free test, ask for the prescription and buy the right pair from pound land. Been doing it for years. Once I had the lens checked and they were spot on. :thumb:
Same but found The Range do nice range at about £12 each. Also I use Nooz originals https://www.nooz-optics.com/en-gb Expensive but fit in pocket unobtrusively for work and drinking. But also very handy on bike as sit on nose with no arms so dont need to take helmet off.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 1075 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

£1 one do me as am always forgetting where I leave them or sit on them
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.