2024 R1250RT Center Light

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
MotorcycleMEB
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT
United States of America

2024 R1250RT Center Light

Post by MotorcycleMEB »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to turn off the center light during daylight hours (I bought the motorcycle from a place in the US if there is any difference between here and Europe.) Is it possible to only turn off the center running light?

Thank you
Minty
Bike Model and Year: 2017 FJR1300 AE
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Re: 2024 R1250RT Center Light

Post by Minty »

Do you have the adaptive headlight?

I don't and my centre headlihgt is always on, I don't get the angry looking daytime running lights, which is a shame 🤦🏼‍♂️
jesim1
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 66 times
Great Britain

Post by jesim1 »

I'm pretty sure it's the law to have daytime running lights active after a certain age of bike, it certainly is in the UK :roll:
Steve398
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 315 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

I have always believed that the drive (sorry) to have headlights constantly illuminated in the day originally started in Nordic countries, and according to myth and legend was the result of statistics showing fewer moose were hit by cars displaying headlights. :lol: However, here’s what the Gov UK site says:

Legislation and requirements:

Vehicle manufacturers must fit DRL to new types of passenger car and light goods vehicle (car derived vans) type approved to European vehicle requirements from February 2011. In practice this means that any new model launched after this date, and many launched before, will be fitted with DRL. However, existing models on sale before this date without DRL fitted can continue to be sold and used indefinitely.

Similar requirements apply to large vehicles (such as HGVs) and buses from 7 August 2012.

Motorcycles do not currently require DRL to be fitted, but most manufacturers voluntarily opt for an AHO (Automatic Headlight On) system to be installed as an alternative. Changes to European legislation will, in future permit manufacturers to fit DRL on their motorcycles.

So, for us in the UK, keep your headlights on and keep a sharp lookout for those pesky moose!