Extra Sat-Nav

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Extra Sat-Nav

Post by EasyRider »

Another little project now done and finished.

I have the Navigator 5 fitted on my RT. I like having it so I can see the Bike info when i'm riding.
So i wanted to somehow fit another sat-nav for routes (Zumo XT & locking mount) on the bike.
I took a punt and bought the sat nav mount that "burridge01" was selling.
I had to use spacers and turn the mount around to lift it higher so it was not covering the Nav 5.
I had to bend and twist the arms on the mount using heat and grips and my rawhide hammer.
The power cable runs down thought the screen mount hole to the fuse box behind the right side speaker cover.
The sat nav does not touch the screen when it is down. I have a sun shade on order for the zumo XT as well.
Again i am very happy with how it has turned out and the sat nav is just in the right place for me.
I just have the LED lights to fitted now that i bought from NippyNormans.
I don't think i have any room left to fit anything else on the bike now :lol:

1.jpg
1.jpg (347.5 KiB) Viewed 490 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (286.64 KiB) Viewed 490 times
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 284 times
Great Britain

Re: Extra Sat-Nav

Post by burridge01 »

I'm suprised that bike actually pulls away with the gear you've added :shock:
simbo
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 135 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Christ! Do you pay any attention to your surroundings? It looks like a flight path controllers desk 😳
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 281 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Well its each to there own really. Its nice having a bike that i am able to do what i've done to it.
For me bikes are a hobby and i enjoy working on them aswell as riding them all year round.
And if adding extras like i have to my bikes means i enjoy them more then thats all that matters to me.
I post on here what i have done so anyone else who wants to do something like that knows its possible.
Not everything i do to my bikes is just bolt on, some thinking and adjustment is needed to make it work.
I've tried to add info to this forum to help others in little ways from repairing panniers to adding accessories.
The RT is still new to me and i'm still learning about it, so i use forums for info to help me.
Without members who add info on what they have done, how else will forums help you to learn.
I don't just post "I have a problem please help me" or sit on the side lines ready to pounce.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
simbo
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 135 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

EasyRider wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:22 am Well its each to there own really. Its nice having a bike that i am able to do what i've done to it.
For me bikes are a hobby and i enjoy working on them aswell as riding them all year round.
And if adding extras like i have to my bikes means i enjoy them more then thats all that matters to me.[/b]
I completely agree with you, but everyone is entitled their own opinion 👍
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)