stuck windscreen

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
GravenorTG
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LC 2016
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

stuck windscreen

Post by GravenorTG »

New Forum Member,

R1200RT LC 2016 plate.

Please can anyone help/advise?

Screen stuck in up position. Attempted to recalibrate the controller using my GS-911 and the calibration process starts and abruptly stops showing an error. I have tried a multitude of time going through the clearing faults and repeating the calibration to no avail.
I have accessed the real time screen section of the GS-911and saw that the switch is operating. (it should because I just spent a small mortgage on purchasing it from MPS in the Netherlands!

I am about to go through the task of stripping down the front end of the m/c in order to examine the operating linkage in case of a mechanical failure.

I have never calibrated any process before so I may be barking up the wrong tree, but after owning/riding since 1972 I normally scratch about and find some form of solution to the joys of owning a motorcycle and mechanical bits and bobs are up my street so to speak.

If anyone can just point me in the right direction I will be ecstatically grateful to end the misery I am going through with a shitty screen to contend with during our "summer" in the UK.

Thank you for reading my plea :blah:
I will await some kind directives from the vast amount of knowledge that must exist on such a popular marque as BMW.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Re: stuck windscreen

Post by beemerboy9 »

John Bentall
GravenorTG
Wales

Post by GravenorTG »

Thank you for pointing this issue out to me. :?

I can see how a dislodged pivot could prevent the screen from operating but until i take the front off I won't be able to fully understand what the issue may be, mechanical or electrical as I am not too clever with electrical circuitry and I am hoping that the stuck screen doesn't mean that the motor is gerfunkt!
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Pivot Pins for Windscreen 2019 RT

Post by beemerboy9 »

The part number for the PIN is 4663 7693 990
The part number for the Circlip is 0712 9909 733

May suit other years and models e.g. 2014--> R1200RT and 2019--> R1250RT with TFT.
John Bentall
GravenorTG
Wales

Post by GravenorTG »

Thanks John. I’ll keep you posted